Building Inspections – Fire hazard

Safehome’s qualified Building Inspectors carry out thorough building and termite inspections around Melbourne and supplies detailed reports to clients.

The photo attached here shows burnt loose fill insulation around a halogen down light.

Halogen globes heat up rapidly and are known to cause many fires in a homes roof.

Our advice is to have your roof void inspected to eliminate any potential fire hazards and to also change all halogen lights to LED lights which do not get as hot.

Transformers and lights should be at least 200 mm clear of all insulation.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here.