Building Inspections for Fire Hazard

fire hazard example burnt loose fill insulation around a halogen down light

Safehome’s qualified Building Inspectors carry out thorough building and termite inspections around Melbourne and supplies detailed reports to clients.

The photo attached here shows burnt loose fill insulation around a halogen down light.

Halogen globes heat up rapidly and are known to cause many fires in a home’s roof.

Our advice is to have your roof void inspected to eliminate any potential fire hazards. Furthermore, change all halogen lights to LED lights which do not get as hot.

Transformers and lights should be at least 200 mm clear of all insulation.

To know more professional advice on fire hazard safety suitable for your homes or office, contact SafeHome Building Inspections today.