Safehome Building Inspections Melbourne conduct thorough, methodical and professional building and Pest Inspections Melbourne wide and supply detailed building and pest inspection reports to home buyers.
Safehome Building Inspection Results for March and April, 2013 saw some great house inspection results for our clients. Clients were able to negotiate lower prices for the homes as a direct result of their house inspection reports. Below is some of the results of Safehome’s house inspections. These summaries should give potential home buyers some things to ponder while out looking at their potential dream home.
1. Building and Pest Inspection in Brighton in late March, 2013. The building inspector located a live termite infestation emanating from floor bearers in contact with the soil. Timber floor framing in contact with the ground surface provides an attractive food source for termites and soil should be lowered and a termite chemical barrier installed.
2. House Inspection in Hampton East. The building inspector rated this home in below average condition due to major footing settlement. As you will observe from the photograph below there was significant unevenness in a perimeter double brick wall. Take note of the window blind cord in comparison to the wall. Another obvious indication of a significant problem was the difference in distance between the fire place which was plumb or vertical straight and the wall which was significantly out of plumb – see building inspection photograph below.
3. Building and Pest Inspection in Prahran. This building inspection resulted in Safehome’s Client negotiating $15,000 from the original asking price. The building inspector found illegal plumbing works where storm water had been connected to an unused sewer pipe instead of storm water and significant floor bearer damage due to an old shower base leak.
4. Building Inspection in Richmond. The building inspection at this dwelling showed some age related defects requiring rectification. The electricity mains connection to the home had partially detached and it was a matter of time before it fully detached from the wall.
5. Building Inspection in Bentleigh. This one was different and I couldn’t work out what to ask the vendor who was present during the building inspection. If anyone has any ideas please advise us – refer to the photograph below – please keep in mind that whilst doing the building inspection this computer was switched on and an old car tire was set up as seating.
Safehome Building Inspections hope this has given you some insight into what to look out for and also the importance of having an experienced and qualified building inspector assess your potential home before you buy.